Re: [xsl] Grouping & use of keys

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping & use of keys
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 19:34:05 +0100
Dick Penny wrote:
I am a newbie at XSLT, have only written 1 identity transform that took me 2
weeks to get working. I have a grouping task for some xml data and plan to
follow either post 49748 by: Martin Honnen
or 49749 by: G. Ken Holman in the 2/24/09 Forum Digest even though I only have
a single group and do not want any item output, just summaries for each
group.

Have you considered to use XSLT 2.0 instead of 1.0? That way you could use xsl:for-each-group which is a lot easier to understand for a beginner than the efforts you need to take in XSLT 1.0 to group.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/