Re: [xsl] Grouping & Counting Attribures

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping & Counting Attribures
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:42:01 GMT
> ??? why didn't this need a [1] near end to get first occurance ???

you would in xslt2 (or get an error if you passed two nodes to
generate-id) but in xslt 1 (or xslt2 in bbackwards compat mode)
string functions have a "first node" behaviour, they silently discard
all but the first node passed to them, so generate-id(foo) is the same
as generate-id((foo)[1]) in xslt 1.

In xslt2 though you wouldn't do this at all, you'd use for-each-group.

>   <xsl:variable name="findings" select=key('audits', @AuditName)/>
not well formed.

> ### above line does not work, was meant to go with  above. ###
in what way doesn't it work? It works for me 9as in produces te output
you say you want)

> ### this states what I am trying to do, but I know syntax is wrong ###

actually not, without the line above (which uses correct syntax) I
probably wouldn't have guessed what was intended here.

> ### cannot select on the 2D list returned by key ###
Not sure what you mean here.

If I make your xsl well formed and change the 'InReview' test to use the
syntax you used for  'ActionPlan' I get

something that appears to match

> Audit  # Rows  ActionPlan  InReview ..........
> CashboxII 2      1           1
> SPN       2      2           0

<xsl:output method="html"/>

<xsl:key name="audits" match="Row" use="@AuditName" />
<xsl:template match="/dsQueryResponse/Rows">
    <xsl:apply-templates
      select="*[@AuditName and
                generate-id(.)=generate-id(key('audits', @AuditName))]" />
</xsl:template>