[xsl] [Fwd: Text from mixed content but not all embedded elements]

Subject: [xsl] [Fwd: Text from mixed content but not all embedded elements]
From: Andy Black <andy_black@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 14:25:17 -0700
I have a situation with an XML portion like the following:

<secTitle>Complements of <langData lang="lVernacular">le'e</langData> and other arguments<endnote id="nhabby">
</endnote>
</secTitle>

Using XSLT 1.0, I want to output the text of all but what is in the embedded <endnote> element. That is, the text output I want is

Complements of le'e and other arguments

I know that if I use <xsl:copy-of select="text()"/> I can get all of the text nodes, but I want to limit it to all but what is within the <endnote> element.

Is there a way to do this in XSLT 1.0?

Thanks,

--Andy