Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - border straying where it is not wanted

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO - border straying where it is not wanted
From: Tony Graham <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 13:48:17 +0000
On Wed, Mar 18 2009 13:32:55 +0000, trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I am formatting high-level titles with an "overline" for emphasis, using
> border-top.
> My problem is that where my input has a very long title, the border wraps
> with the title and the border above the second line cuts through the first
> line of the title. I would like to truncate the border at the margin in this
> situation, but I probably need to use a different technique to achieve
> that.

Try fo:initial-property-set [1].  It's allowed at the beginning of
fo:block [2].  There's an example in the XSL 1.1 Recommendation [3].

However, fo:initial-property-set is required only for 'extended'
conformance [4] and might not be implemented by your particular XSL
formatter, so YMMV.

Regards,

Tony Graham                         Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Director                                  W3C XSL FO SG Invited Expert
Menteith Consulting Ltd
XML, XSL and XSLT consulting, programming and training
Registered in Ireland - No. 428599   http://www.menteithconsulting.com
xmlroff XSL Formatter                               http://xmlroff.org
xslide Emacs mode                  http://www.menteith.com/wiki/xslide
Unicode: A Primer                               urn:isbn:0-7645-4625-2

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_initial-property-set
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#fo_block
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#d0e9780
[4] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#conform