Re: [xsl] AltovaXML and fragment identifier

Subject: Re: [xsl] AltovaXML and fragment identifier
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:46:09 +0100
> If this nice behaviour is mandatory in 2.0, could you provide a pointer
> to the part of the spec saying so? (I couldn't find it.)

http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#document

Any fragment identifier that is present in the URI reference is removed,
and the resulting absolute URI is cast to a string and then passed to
the doc  FO function

If the URI reference contained a fragment identifier, then the fragment
identifier is interpreted according to the rules for the media type of
the resource representation identified by the URI, and is used to select
zero or more nodes that are descendant-or-self nodes of the returned
document node. As described in 2.3 Initiating a Transformation, the
media type is available as part of the evaluation context for a
transformation.

which means that so long as the processor knows that it's an xml file
and reads the dtd and ...

then

document('test2009031701.xml#f1')

is explictly defined to work like