Re: [xsl] AltovaXML bugs? (and other engines)

Subject: Re: [xsl] AltovaXML bugs? (and other engines)
From: Michael Ludwig <mlu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:52:34 +0200
Michael Kay schrieb:
Unfortunately the W3C test suite is available to members only,
largely because there is not complete traceability of the origin
of all the tests.

From: Scott Trenda [mailto:Scott.Trenda@xxxxxxxx]

Just a thought (maybe someone's done it already)... is there
some sort of Acid test for XSLT processors? I think there are
conformance test packages available from W3C, but it's
usually the experienced XSLT developers who know how best to
break an XSLT engine. It'd be nice to have such a test for
both XSLT 1.0 and XSLT 2.0, since we could know exactly how
and where the different XSLT engines fail.

I agree a publicly available test suite for both XSLT 1.0 and 2.0 would be an excellent facility.

Is there an established standard or pattern or best practice for
coding tests? A framework you would just drop a new test in so it
becomes part of the test suite?

Maybe the W3C has come up with such a framework and is willing to
make it a public resource for the advancement of the Good Cause
while continuing, of course, to withhold the test suite due to its
partly shady, or intraceable, origins?

Michael Ludwig