RE: [xsl] preserving ' and "

Subject: RE: [xsl] preserving ' and "
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 14:59:09 +0100
In XSLT 2.0 you can force these characters to be output as entity references
by using character maps.

But if your XML contains attributes or namespaces, the serialized XML may
still contain quotes and apostrophes, so I don't see how this helps you. You
should serialize the XML normally, and then apply Java (etc) escaping to any
characters that Java regards as special.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/