Re: [xsl] [fo] Standard font allover the document

Subject: Re: [xsl] [fo] Standard font allover the document
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:10:19 -0400
At 2009-04-20 12:29 +0200, Geert Bormans wrote:
How can I set the font used in an entire document to "Eualbertina"?

Document-wide properties can be set as attributes of the <root> element.

How would I know if my fo processor supports that specific font (mandated by customer)?

It is up to the software to report errors and fallback.

If the font is not available in the processor, would it be easy to add?

That is up to the processor. Some processors on Windows find the fonts in the fonts directory on their own, while many processors need their own configuration file to associate a font family name with a font resource.

I have a preference for using FOP in this project, can move to another processor if necessary for this

I've never been able to use FOP for my customers' work, so I cannot comment on its use.

I hope this helps.

--
XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08