Re: [xsl] maintaining sequence numbers over sessions

Subject: Re: [xsl] maintaining sequence numbers over sessions
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 19:42:55 +0200
fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes, I tried that. But updating seems not an option. I cannot "read a document that was written during the same transformation". I use Saxon.

I guess that is mentioned as

"[ERR XTRE1500] It is a recoverable dynamic error for a stylesheet to write to an external resource and read from the same resource during a single transformation, whether or not the same URI is used to access the resource in both cases. The optional recovery action is implementation-dependent: implementations are not required to detect the error condition. Note that if the error is not detected, it is undefined whether the document that is read from the resource reflects its state before or after the result tree is written."

in the XSLT 2.0 specification.

How do you use Saxon? Are you using it programmatically with .NET or Java and could pass in a parameter?

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/