[xsl] Using external XML to control output of XSLT

Subject: [xsl] Using external XML to control output of XSLT
From: Michael Reed <michaelr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:14:54 -0500
Been researching this scenario and can't find anything to confirm
whether it is possible and (if it is possible) how to set it up. The
scenario is to use a transform that would be taking data like Name,
JobTitle, Company, Phone, etc. The transform's job is to handle the
output but I would like to have a separate XML file that controls what
fields appear and in what order for the output. So if a user who is not
familiar with transforms want to make Company first and then the Name,
they could just modify the XML file and it would be independent of the
data or transform.

I thought I had read a long time ago about using a transform to create a
transform but have been unable to find the article or intuit the process
whereby I could make this happen.

Thank you for any suggestions,
Michael Reed