RE: [xsl] Unicode character blocks in strings

Subject: RE: [xsl] Unicode character blocks in strings
From: tom tom <tomxsllist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:25:47 +0100
My confusion came when I was trying to the value 'IsCJKUnifiedIdeographs' in a
variable and reference this in an attribute value template.

If I store 'IsCJKUnifiedIdeographs' in the variable 'UnicodeCharBlock'
\p{{{$UnicodeCharBlock}}} seems to work.

If I understand you correctly the innermost {} flags the AVT, the outermost
ones are the actual braces required for this expression. Are the middle ones
to process the results of the first AVT within a second AVT?

> Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:50:00 -0400
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> From: gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [xsl] Unicode character blocks in strings
>
> At 2009-05-29 12:46 +0100, tom tom wrote:
>>I don't understand why the regex \p{{IsCJKUnifiedIdeographs}}
>>contains a double '{}' structure. Why doesn't \p{IsCJKUnifiedIdeographs}
work?

> Because the value of the regex= attribute is an attribute value template.
>
> In an attribute value template, the single brace is a signal to
> perform a "value-of" instruction with the contents as the value of
> the select= expression.
>
> Since you need actual brace brackets in the attribute, you need to
> double them up in order to escape the attribute value template parsing.
>
> This happens a lot when writing XSLT stylesheets that create Ant
> scripts (a very useful design pattern).
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> . . . . . . . . . . . . Ken
>
> --
> XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
> Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
> Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video
> Video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18
> Video overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18
> G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos  Free.
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665338/direct/01/