RE: [xsl] returning nodes which have a specific child

Subject: RE: [xsl] returning nodes which have a specific child
From: "Michael Sokolov" <sokolov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 09:56:13 -0400
OK I went back and read some documentation, and I guess node() really is
supposed to match *all* kinds of nodes.  I suppose it is just that
attributes are not children of their parents (shocking, in a way).  But I
still have to say it seems strange that "@*" (apparently) can match
attributes on the child axis and node() can't ...  I know I am missing all
kinds of subtleties and undoubtedly there were reasons for all of this, and
perhaps the alternatives were even more counter-intuitive, but from a
beginner's perspective, well, there are definitely some quirks to get used
to!