Re: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element

Subject: Re: [xsl] how to xpath the *value* of an attribute based on value of other attribute in same element
From: George Cristian Bina <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:17:34 +0300
Hi Dan,

dan haig wrote:
Turns out you are right - I had been using oxygen's xpath evaluator
and it kept returning the whole node rather than the attribute value I
wanted, and I perhaps foolishly trusted to that.

oXygen gives the following result for selecting the attribute with /xtf:snippets/xtf:snippet/@hitNum

SystemID: /Users/george/test/test.xml
Severity: info
Start location: 2:4
End location: 2:49

and it highlights the start tag if you click in the result.

If the element is selected with /xtf:snippets/xtf:snippet then it gives

SystemID: /Users/george/test/test.xml
Severity: info
Start location: 2:4
End location: 7:18

and it highlights the whole element, up to the end of its end tag if you click on the result.

I hope this helps you identify when you have the whole node or an attribute value.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina