Re: [xsl] question on support of stylesheet embedding

Subject: Re: [xsl] question on support of stylesheet embedding
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 21:54:39 +0200
> > But it is working for Firefox 2/3 and Opera 9.64, NOT for MS IE6.
> > I found neither negative nor positive statements on IE 6/7/8 support
> > of stylesheet embedding while searching the web.
> >
> > Does anybody now the answer whether any of the Microsoft browsers
> > supports stylesheet embedding?
>
> It does not look like that is supported with IE. IE 8 when I try your
> test case http://www.stamm-wilbrandt.de/en/xsl-list/cdcatalog.xml seems
> to sniff the content and try to interpret it as text/html meaning you
> end up with a browser window displaying the contents of the first title
> element in the window bar and a table with only the header row as the
> contents of the document followed by any text nodes in all those unknown
> (to the HTML parser) elements like artist, country.

Thanks for trying it with IE8 (unsuccessfully).
I tried in on a system with IE7 where it did not work either, and the
output is as you described for all IE browsers (6/7/8).

David reported that it does work fine with Chrome.

Seems that MS browsers really do not support this, although I tried to
make it really easy for them by using the non-standard MS registered
type="text/xsl" based on this old post:
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/199910/
msg00217.html

Mit besten Gr|_en / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschdftsf|hrung: Erich Baier
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bvblingen

             Martin Honnen
             <Martin.Honnen@gm
             x.de>                                                      To
                                       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             07/15/2009 06:14                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [xsl] question on support of
             Please respond to         stylesheet embedding
             xsl-list@xxxxxxxx
              lberrytech.com

--

             Martin Honnen