Re: [xsl] xslt and xslfo

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt and xslfo
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 12:13:21 -0400
At 2009-07-17 13:34 -0700, Ming Yu wrote:
I've been working with xml and xslt for a while. But I'm new to xslfo. I found this tutorial from antennahouse: http://www.antennahouse.com/XSLsample/XSLsample.htm

Is this a good place to start to get familiar with xslfo? I'm not sure which tool I should use to do the transformation and formatting. I'm looking at perl's module XML::ApacheFOP. Do you have any suggestions?

Any help is highly appreciated!

I have made available freely-downloadable excerpts of my XSL-FO book that I sell here:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pfux-dl

... where you will find the introductory chapters and all annexes unabridged (and extensively hyperlinked from the PDF to the actual specification). The purchase of any edition of the book entitles the customer to all future editions of that book at no charge (customers of the first edition have received six free updates so far) ... a benefit I can offer with a PDF edition than with a paper edition. Both A4 and US-letter-sized renditions are available if customers want to print their own paper copy.

There is also instructor-led training. I note the time zone of your email is the Pacific Time Zone ... I have proposed teaching XSL-FO in three weeks' time near Oakland California. The early-bird date for discounted registration is tomorrow, and while I have confirmed the running of the XSLT/XQuery class the week before, there are not enough students preregistered for the XSL-FO class, so that second class will probably be cancelled. Anyone on the list who was sitting on the fence regarding the XSL-FO class, please let me know soon or the class will likely be cancelled.

  Crane's Summer Sessions
  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/index.html#Crane200908CA

I'm excited about the response to the XSLT/XQuery class as we already have more students registered than we had in the Southern California class last month.

Note also that Mulberry Technologies has for a long time been offering excellent instructor-led XSL-FO classes, so you have a lot to choose from.

-- XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Oakland, CA, USA 2009-08-03 Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Training tools: Comprehensive interactive XSLT/XPath 1.0/2.0 video Video lesson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrNjJCh7Ppg&fmt=18 Video overview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTiodiij6gE&fmt=18 G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal