[xsl] force </br> after x words

Subject: [xsl] force </br> after x words
From: j milo taylor <milo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 12:51:26 +0100
Thankyou for your kind and detailed response.

I'm someway closer to reaching a solution. The situation, is however slightly more complex (i think). This xslt is to transform xml into x3d

i.e.

Using these:

----
xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; exclude-result-prefixes="xs" version="2.0" >

<xsl:output media-type="model/x3d=xml"
doctype-system="http://www.web3d.org/specifications/x3d-3.2.dtd"; method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="yes" omit-xml-declaration="yes"/>

----

(the first suggested by yourself, and the second what i've been workig with so far)

and this, throws up the error:

Unsupported XSL element 'http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform:for-each-group'

tho both XML checking and validation are fine, and your suggested solution has incorporates fine into my existing stylesheet. Thankyou.

I should also say that my initial question should have been how to force a carriage return (&#x0D; in UTF-8) rather than a <br/>. - tho i dont think this is a problem

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,

Milo