[xsl] Pipelining 2 stylesheets

Subject: [xsl] Pipelining 2 stylesheets
From: Martynas Jusevicius <martynas.jusevicius@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:48:04 +0200
Hey list,

I want to pipeline 2 templates opendoc2xhtml.xsl (from OpenOffice) and
xhtml2epub.xsl (my own) into a single opendoc2epub, that is, to pass
the result of the first one into the second one.
As I understand, the common technique is to get the first result into
a variable, and then run the second transformation on it (assuming
XSLT 2).

But I have a problem with including the stylesheets. If i try to
xsl:include both templates and define a template for the root node, I
get a conflict, because opendoc2xhtml also has one. And I don't want
to add modes or anything to it because it comes from an external
source, but I still need to override it somehow to put the result into
a variable in the first place.
Is it where xsl:import is used? I tried importing opendoc2xhtml.xsl as
well and calling xsl:apply-imports from the root template, but then
only root children were processed.

Martynas
semantic-web.dk