Re: [xsl] every 4th record increase counter

Subject: Re: [xsl] every 4th record increase counter
From: "Christopher R. Maden" <crism@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:24:33 -0400
Abe Scott wrote:
> trying to create a field that will increase by 1 for every fourth
> record, ordered by \CommlVeh\ItemIdInfo\SystemId  (We print 4 records
> per page)  The records may be in random order and there may be missing
> id's in the list.

You donbt say what problem youbre having in accomplishing this, but the
use of the verb bincreaseb suggests a cause and a solution.

Remember that XSLT does not keep running counters or change variable
values.  Reformulate your question thusly:

   trying to output records ordered by SystemID,
   with a field value equal to the number of
   preceding records div 4

and you may find a solution presents itself.

~Chris
bIf Buzz Aldrin really went to the moon, why is he so afraid to
 show his real long form birth certificate?b bthe Internet
GnuPG Fingerprint: C6E4 E2A9 C9F8 71AC 9724 CAA3 19F8 6677 0077 C319