[xsl] Copying image files from one directory to another - using xslt

Subject: [xsl] Copying image files from one directory to another - using xslt
From: Amit Panwar <amit.p@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:36:24 +0530
Hi All,

I am a newbie with xslt. Trying to create a xsl file that transforms one xml to another xml, I have want to do two task using xslt.

1). I want to copy some image files (jpeg, gif etc) from one directory to another directory.
e.g If I have following element in source xml
<image src="images/img123.jpg"> </image>

And I want to transform this element into
<file type="image" src="resources/images/img123.jpg"> </file>

Xslt makes everything easy in above transformation, but i don't know how do I copy 'img123.jpg' from 'images' directory to 'resources/images' directory.

2). In another transformation I'm reading a html files using unparsed-text() function, now html data can have any number of 'img' tags. I want to use a loop to check all 'img' tags and want to change value of src attribute of each img tag - via string manipulation.

Here is a example java code what i want to achieve in xslt.

String htmlData; // varibale htmlData will have html contents of a files

while(htmlData.indexOf("img") != -1){
Do some processing then replace the value of src attribute then take a substring of html data to remove current img tag.
htmlData = htmlData.substring(htmlData.indexOf("img")+3);
}

Are above two tasks doable in xslt?

Kind regards
ap1285