RE: [xsl] Fwd: Is this a Saxon Bug ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Fwd: Is this a Saxon Bug ?
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 23:18:33 +0100
> The fact that you are using XML 1.1 (and characters like #xC;
> that require XML 1.1) may well have something to do with it.
> This would hint at a problem with the XML parser...

I should mention that of course it could equally well be a problem with the
serializer (which is part of Saxon). I'm not in denial, I'm just pointing to
possible causes that need to be eliminated one by one.

To isolate whether the problem is on the input or the output side, it would
be useful to run

<xsl:value-of select="string-to-codepoints(.)"/>

within the stylesheet, and examine the sequence of Unicode codepoints to see
whether they are what you would have expected from the input. If they are,
this would demonstrate that the XML parser is behaving correctly.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay