Re: [xsl] good Open source IDE Tool for XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] good Open source IDE Tool for XSL
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 07:20:10 -0500
> I am Looking for good Open source IDE Tool for XSL Development.
> Please suggest me some good tool.

AFAIK, Emacs is not exactly set up as an XSLT IDE yet, but many of us
would appreciate it if someone would get on the ball and write one
up.

Last I saw JEdit was quite reasonable and usable. Netbeans and
Treebeard supposedly have some built-in IDE-like features, but I've
never even seen them, let alone used either. All of these should be
available on Sourceforge.

Although it has the tremendous moral disadvantage of being
proprietary, I use SyncRO Soft's <oXygen> for 98% of my XSLT editing,
anyway. (I use Emacs/psgml, Emacs/nxml, oXygen, and occasionally
JEdit, BBEdit, or a specialized editor for other XML writing tasks;
but for XSLT, it's almost always oXygen.)

C. Michael Sperberg-McQueen of Black Mesa technologies gave a talk on
open source tools for XML development in late summer or early fall. I
know he covered XML editing, but I don't know if he covered
specialized XSLT IDEs. info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx