Re: [xsl] fo:basic-link

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:basic-link
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 22:54:18 -0500
At 2009-11-06 19:33 -0800, Mark Wilson wrote:
I am using FOP and it built the PDF files with internal and external basic links without using the URI wrapper.

The <uri-specification> syntax is only for external links not internal links. Internal link anchors are simple name tokens.

Note that <uri-specification> is for any external reference, such as the src= attribute in <fo:external-graphic>, in background-image=, and in a number of other lesser-used attributes.

Many stylesheet writers forget to use <uri-specification> syntax for src=.

I got my syntax [without the URI(...)] from an online tutorial. However, I recognize that the proper syntax should be used, and have altered my code accordingly.

Most vendors support the incorrect syntax but I agree with you that isn't a reason it should be used.

The "s.pdf#block1" experiment did not work. I will take my question to an Adobe PDF list, assuming I can find one.

I look forward to hearing of your progress in finding how to do this.

--
Upcoming:  hands-on XSLT, XQuery and XSL-FO Washington DC Nov 2009
Interested in other classes?  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/