[xsl] Using 'validation' in xsl:result-document

Subject: [xsl] Using 'validation' in xsl:result-document
From: a kusa <akusa8@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:58:00 -0600
Hi

Can anyone tell me what exactly the options (strict, lax, strip,
preserve)  for attribute validation under element
<xsl:result-document> mean?

When I use validation=strict, I get XTTE1550 error in XML Spy.

My XSL snippet is as follows:

<xsl:template match="/">

<xsl:for-each select=".">
<xsl:result-document method="xml" href="{$in}.xml" validation="s"
doctype-public="card" doctype-system="system">
						<xsl:apply-templates/>
					</xsl:result-document>

</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

where I have a rule for variable $in.

What am I doing wrong here? Should I not be using validation=strict here?

I have also declared the schema to be used by inclusing this statement
at the beginning of the style sheet.

<xsl:import-schema schema-location="test.xsd"/>