Re: [xsl] fo:basic-link

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:basic-link
From: "Mark Wilson" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 03:37:03 -0800
Ken,
with respect to my question about creating links to specific areas within a pdf document using url("..."):

You suggested experimenting with s.pdf#block1" which did not work. You asked me to let you know what I found out.

I learned from http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/sdk/pdf/pdf_creation_apis_and_specs/PDFOpenParameters.pdf
that the correct format is nearly the same as what you suggested:

url("s.pdf#nameddest=block1").

Unfortunately, I found at http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.94/extensions.html#named-destinations
that FOP has not implemented this extension. Thus, while there is a means for accomplishing my goal, I will have to switch rendering engines to do so.

Thanks for spending time with me on this question. I hope the information I found will be useful to you and others,
Mark