RE: [xsl] name of the current mode

Subject: RE: [xsl] name of the current mode
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 14:47:13 -0500
At 2009-11-14 19:36 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
> But I think it is all you have available to you to try.  I
> know of no way to expose the current mode.

I can't think of any way of using the information, why would you want it?

Until modes become first class constructs, having this would have been helpful in catch-all template rules that report a development error of misspelling a mode (or in my case forgetting to add the namespace qualification), or not having handled a particular node in a particular mode.

I've long wanted to be able to expose the mode for such diagnostic purposes.

--
Vote for your XML training:   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/