Re: [xsl] XSLT (2) namespace safe i18n patterns

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT (2) namespace safe i18n patterns
From: Syd Bauman <Syd_Bauman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:55:37 -0500
> A translation service might very well be defined on top of the
> essential XML structure, with XPath expressions being used to
> identify the items that are subject to translation, either content
> or attribute values. Another approach is to add markup to the basic
> document (e.g.
> http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/ZPTInternationalizationSupport).

Yes, this is a good approach, and that which the W3C
Internationalization Tag Set working group took in its
recommnedation: http://www.w3.org/TR/its/.

> Perhaps an XML centered user list is a better forum for this
> discussion.

Or an internationalization or language centered list. But in any
case, I agree it does not belong here any more (if it ever did),
so I will stop posting about this here.