RE: [xsl] UTF character of ® and ¯ (saxon bug)

Subject: RE: [xsl] UTF character of ® and ¯ (saxon bug)
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:23:20 -0000
The entity references &reg; and &macr; have no intrinsic meaning in XML or
in Saxon: they only mean what you define them to mean, by means of the
entity declaration in your DTD. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with
mapping two different entity references to the same unicode character.

Another point, which is almost certainly irrelevant to this problem: the
latest version of Saxon is 9.2.0.3, the version you are using is now rather
old.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/