Re: [xsl] How to remove (in addition) empty attributes?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to remove (in addition) empty attributes?
From: "Ben Stover" <bxstover@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:40:27 +0100
The problem with this is that only elements OR attributes are stripped but not both at the same time.

Assume the following XML source:

<ns11:elem1 myattr="">
   <ns22:subelem2 />
   <ns22:subelem3></ns22:subelem3>
</ns11:elem1>

Then applying the XSLT script below will result in

<ns11:elem1>
</ns11:elem1>

As you can see the ns11:elem1 persists.
It is handled only in the remove attribute template and does not match the other remove-empty-element template.

So how can I iteratively/recursively re-apply the script/templates on the result again?

XSLT script:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet   xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";  version="1.0">

  <xsl:output indent="yes"/>