Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:36:24 -0800
> The following proposal comes to my mind :)
>
> <xsl:context ref="nodeReference">
> B  <xsl:call-template name="xx">
>
> B  B </xsl:call-template>
> </xsl:context>
>
> Here, the template "xx" get's a context as node, "nodeReference".

Such a feature is not needed, especially in XSLT 2, where the use of
<xsl:call-template> shouldn't be recommended -- why would anyone
prefer it to the use of <xsl:function> ?

Even in XSLT 1.0 <xsl:call-template> is not necessary -- one can
always accomplish the same with <xsl:apply-templates>.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev