Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Nicer way to change context-node than xsl:for-each ?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 06:43:31 -0800
Andrew Welch said:

> Push is simply where the document order drives the processing... not
> sure where modes or namespaces come into it.

Pull is when you know  exactly which template will be selected for
processing -- the order of processing is not important at all (because
as we know in an FP language order is not guaranteed (except when we
take particular measures, such as using monad-like programming) at all
-- so even with pull processing we have no guarantees about the order
of processing. Note that other FP languages do not have the topic of
push/pull -- this is exactly because they dont have the possibility of
numerous matching templates.

> It's fine to a have just one template with a particular mode, not
> redundant at all, but again I've no idea what that has to do with
> push/pull.

See explanation above.

--
Cheers,