Re: [xsl] Obstacles (?) to XSLT 2.0 in C++

Subject: Re: [xsl] Obstacles (?) to XSLT 2.0 in C++
From: Justin Johansson <procode@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:28:49 +1030
Michael Kay wrote:
The
problem is that users today have a high expectation that a product for those
platforms should be free.

Yes, as you blogged a little while ago (when you broke Saxon up into HE, PE and EE versions), it is time the pendulum started to swing the other way.

http://saxonica.blogharbor.com/blog/_archives/2009/6/19/4227718.html

Years ago, Win 95 era, I developed and sold a utility for "rollback your file system". The product took 3 years to develop; everyone loved it; few paid for it. When Win NT came in fashion, everyone wanted my Win 95 product for NT. Sorry folks, "I can't afford $80K for a Win NT file system internals kit (for the undocumented stuff etc.) to build the product. Thanks to the pirates and free-loaders there will be no such utility of my making for Win NT."**

**There were more Google hits for how to crack my licensing than about actually using my product. Free-warez agents loved my product because it gave them then tools to help crack software-protected license schemes used in other products.

Justin Johansson