[xsl] Copy the Document Type Definition of XML file

Subject: [xsl] Copy the Document Type Definition of XML file
From: Rossen Kovachev <kovachev@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:09:01 +0100
Hi!

I'm trying to copy resp. to modify an XML document via XSL. Here I use
the usual identity template:

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
  <xsl:copy>
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Unfortunately the DTD definition of the source document is not copied at
this way.

Does anybody know how can I accomplish this?

The only idea I had was that you can use <xsl:output> to write a DTD
declaration. However, I have no idea how I can read out the
declaration from the source XML document. Is this possible with XSL? Or should I take e.g. Java and pass the info as a parameter to the stylesheet?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Rossen K.