RE: [xsl] sorting a table based on first column which contains both numbers and words

Subject: RE: [xsl] sorting a table based on first column which contains both numbers and words
From: "Robby Pelssers" <robby.pelssers@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:53:14 +0100
Mm... damn.... I thought I needed to specify the data-type ;-(

So I just came up with following solution:

  <xsl:template match="table">
      <xsl:variable name="numericRows" select="tr[string(number(td))
!='NaN']"/>
      <xsl:variable name="alphabeticRows"
select="tr[string(number(td))='NaN']"/>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="$numericRows">
        <xsl:sort select="td" data-type="number"/>
      </xsl:apply-templates>
      <xsl:apply-templates select="$alphabeticRows">
        <xsl:sort select="td" data-type="text"/>
      </xsl:apply-templates>
  </xsl:template>

But I also tested without specifying any data-type and you're right
...aaargh..

  <xsl:template match="table">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="tr">
        <xsl:sort select="td"/>