Re: [xsl] retaining entity declarations while converting from one xml format to another

Subject: Re: [xsl] retaining entity declarations while converting from one xml format to another
From: a kusa <akusa8@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 08:59:27 -0600
Hi David:

My input file looks like this: I actually have tif files.

<!DOCTYPE example[
<!ENTITY  t1 SYSTEM "image.tif" NDATA ccitt4">
]>

Here is what I am trying to do. Before transforming this XML into
another XML document, I need to get rid of a few elements. So I am
doing some preprocessing of the data using an XSLT again. That is what
I am trying to do in this template:

<xsl:template match="@*|node()">
               <xsl:copy>
                       <xsl:apply-templates select="@*|node() (except
rev1)"/>
               </xsl:copy>
       </xsl:template>

This works as far as deleting those nodes. But in the process Iose the
entity declarations - DOCTYPE example-in my output.

I need to retain those in my intermediate output.

Please let me know if the problem is a little more clear now.