Re: [xsl] Find the string and apply the tag

Subject: Re: [xsl] Find the string and apply the tag
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex" <gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 16:58:31 +0100
Dear Selva,

I'm not aware of a Web browser that is capable of applying XSLT 2.0 transformations.

Will generating static XHTML pages be an alternative?

The world would be a better place if the mainstream tool vendors all supported XSLT 2.0 (and if the users asked for it instead of trying to find a 1.0 solution). OpenOffice 3.2.0 which now uses Saxon is a good but all too rare example for an XSLT-2.0-aware tool. But this won't help you here.

I didn't have a look at Syntext Serna yet which might be an alternative to both your current editor and the browser. I think it uses XSLT for rendering (powered by Saxon 9B), but I'm not sure whether you may use arbitrary XSLT 2.0 constructs for rendering there, such as xsl:analyze-string.

Besides: I consider Mike almost a saint. Having edited a superior standard, having written a superior tool, he is still patient with all the folks who (have to?) stick to 1.0 and answers all their questions.

Gerrit

Selvaganesh schrieb:
Hi Michael,

If available for XSLT 2.0 supported browser?

Or

XSLT 1.0 may be handled in string.

Or

Give any other suggestion for view in XML file.

Thanks,
Selva

--
Gerrit Imsieke
Geschdftsf|hrer / Managing Director

Geschdftsf|hrer: Gerrit Imsieke, Svea Jelonek,
Thomas Schmidt, Dr. Reinhard Vvckler