Re: [xsl] [OT] Re: [xsl] Visual XHTML diff

Subject: Re: [xsl] [OT] Re: [xsl] Visual XHTML diff
From: Xmlizer <xmlizer+xsllist@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:17:44 +0100
On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Aaron Gray
<aaronngray.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2009/12/28 Aaron Gray <aaronngray.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> Michael,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>> Apparently this is not a task that would be very easy to do in XSL,
depending on the level of detail you want in the result. >It would be no fun
at all to implement a longest common string algorithm in XSL 1.0. So, it seems
most solutions use >other tools to prepare something which could then be
turned into a visual representation in a way you like.

>> Right, I thought it would be a tough problem if possible at all.
>>
>>> I am currently evaluating those options to handle the diff task:
>>>
>>> * http://nwalsh.com/java/diffmk/ [not under development]
>>> * http://xmlunit.sourceforge.net/ [active development]
>
> These are Java and I am not running Java on our servers so is not a
> solution for me :(
>
>>> * http://www.xmldifftool.com/ [author says a new version is under
development]

> This is closed source.
>
>> Okay, please let me know what you find. I will have a look too, when I
>> get the time and right head on.
>>
>> I had been considering a DOM based solution too.
>
> I think a DOM solution in PHP or Javascript is what I am going to have
> to consider.

Javascript solution would be better if you want to open source it
afterward, in case it ends up to be general diff

Xmlizer