Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <mmh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 18:50:11 +0100
Am 02.01.2010 um 15:54 schrieb Rob Belics:

> I should add that I'm particularly interested in XSLT on the client
> side.

Well, what benefits do you see?

You have to limit your users to certain browsers or test your application for
all browsers not only for their HTML/CSS but also for their XSLT support.

You send out XML fields as well as your own custom XSL programming logic.
Well, I love to learn from others for free...

Assuming your data source is XML already it is most likely not the kind of XML
which can be transformed into HTML by a browser. It is more likely some stuff
that shows some of your business logic. So you would have to transform this
data-XML into some form of publishing-XML anyway. Why not have the step to
publishing-HTML in the same process chain?

- Michael

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand: Dokumentations-Technologie
Adobe Certified Expert, FrameMaker
Lvsungen und Training, FrameScript, XML/XSL, Unicode
Blog: http://cap-studio.de/ - Tel. +49 (9131) 28747