Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API

Subject: Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API
From: Abel Braaksma <abel.online@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:33:25 +0100
For me it's still Sarissa, even with all its quirks. Even though Sarissa has been a bit quiet lately. I'd doubt whether the current new developments of Chrome and Safari have been followed (afaik, retrieving external resources with document() or xsl:import/include is still not supported): latest release is from May 2008.

The question popped up a few times at experts-exchange and stackoverflow. Google has started out with AjaXSLT (http://goog-ajaxslt.sourceforge.net/), but isn't really mature yet. Also, Ample SDK (amplesdk.com) seems to support browser agnostic XSLT processing, but I never tried that. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1052301

Kind regards,
Abel Braaksma

Michael Kay wrote:
What's the state-of-the-art for writing cross-browser Javascript to invoke
client-side XSLT transformations?

Is it still Sarissa, or are there alternatives?

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay