[xsl] Filter by multiple nodes w/ different values

Subject: [xsl] Filter by multiple nodes w/ different values
From: Sharon_Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:27:28 -0500
Hi,

I am trying to pull data based on the values for different nodes. These
values will be different as well. I have tried using for-each w/ multiple
conditions and then using a value-of statement but that only produced
"true" instead of the data (the conditions had been met). I tried using an
if statement w/ multiple conditions and the using apply-templates but once
the condition was met, then all data was pulled. I tried using multiple
keys but only 1 key was executed.

Here's the XML snippet. I want to output only Row data if Portal_Only=Yes
and Role=Manager. I am outputting the data into a table and there will be a
table for each Role value (such as Manager, Employee, etc.) and each table
will only contain data for that Role value and only if Portal_Only=Yes.

<Row>
            <Role>Manager</Role>
            <Process>Manage my employee's general employee information</
Process>
            <Where_can_I>Add/Change an employee's union contract dates</
Where_can_I>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>File, Setup, Codes,
Labor Unions</Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>NA</
Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>
            <Portal_Only>No</Portal_Only>
            <Backoffice_Only>Yes</Backoffice_Only>
</Row>

<Row>
            <Role>Employee</Role>
            <Process>Manage my personal information</Process>
            <Where_can_I>Select a payroll related indicator</Where_can_I>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>Employee, View/Edit,
Status</Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>My Team, My Employees,
select an employee, Personal, Status/Key Dates, Status History</
Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>
            <Portal_Only>Yes</Portal_Only>
      </Row>
      <Row>
            <Role>Manager</Role>
            <Process>Manage my employee's general employee information</
Process>
            <Where_can_I>iew/Add/Change/Delete an employee's awards and
recognition information</Where_can_I>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>Employee, View/Edit,
Status</Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>My Team, My Employees,
select an employee, Personal, Status/Key Dates, Status History</
Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>
            <Portal_Only>Yes</Portal_Only>
      </Row>
      <Row>
            <Role>Manager</Role>
            <Process>Manage my employee's career development information</
Process>
            <Where_can_I>Take notes on an employee's current status and
status history</Where_can_I>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>Employee, View/Edit,
Status</Where_can_I_do_this_in_the_backoffice>
            <Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>NA</
Where_can_I_do_this_on_the_Portal>
            <Portal_Only>Yes</Portal_Only>
            <Backoffice_Only>No</Backoffice_Only>
      </Row>

Here's the XSL snippet. This template creates the table and is called later
on in the stylesheet. I am creating multiple HTML files from 1 XML file as
I not only want to create an output containing tables for each Role value
if Portal_Only=Yes but I also create separate output/HTML files per Role
value that contain all the data for that Role value though this latter
output I have succeeded in creating. At the point I am creating the HTML
file for former output is when I call the template below.

<xsl:template name="TasksProcessesWebTable">
            <xsl:if test="'/Row/Portal_Only[contains(., $Yes)]' and
'Root/Row/Role[contains(., $Manager)]'">
                        <h1>
                              <a name="contents">
                                    <xsl:text>Manager</xsl:text>
                              </a>
                        </h1>
                  </xsl:if>

            <xsl:if test="'/Row/Portal_Only[contains(., $Yes)]' and
'Root/Row/Role[contains(., $Employee)]'">
                  <h1>
                        <a name="contents">
                              <xsl:text>Employee</xsl:text>
                        </a>
                  </h1>
            </xsl:if>
            <xsl:call-template name="SortTableNote"/>
id="sortabletableManager">
                  <xsl:call-template name="TableHeaders"/>

                  <!--START LISTING OF CODE THAT HAS BEEN TRIED-->

                  <!--This produced "Not a node item" error-->
                  <xsl:for-each select="'/Row/Portal_Only[text()=$Yes]' and
'Root/Row/Role[text()=$Manager]'">
                  <xsl:apply-templates/>
                  </xsl:for-each>

                  <!--This produced "True" to be outputted instead of data
-->
                  <xsl:for-each select="'/Row/Portal_Only[text()=$Yes]' and
'Root/Row/Role[text()=$Manager]'">
                  <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                  </xsl:for-each>

                  <!--This produced all data for Role=Manager regardless
whether Portal_Only=Yes-->
                  <xsl:if test="'/Row/Portal_Only[text()=$Yes]' and
'Root/Row/Role[text()=$Manager]'">
                  <xsl:apply-templates select="key('Role', $Manager) | key
('PortalOnly', $Yes)"/>
                  </xsl:if>

                  <!--This produced all data for Role=Manager regardless
whether Portal_Only=Yes-->
                  <xsl:if test="'/Row/Portal_Only[text()=$Yes]' and
'Root/Row/Role[text()=$Manager]'">
                  <xsl:apply-templates/>
                  </xsl:if>

                  <!--END LISTING OF CODE THAT HAS BEEN TRIED-->

            <xsl:call-template name="BackToTop"/>
      </xsl:template>

Thanks for your help!
Sharon Goldner Harris
Knowledge Management Evangelist
Ultimate Software Group
704-660-6482

Confidentiality Note: This e-mail message and any attachments to it are
intended only for the named recipients and may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended
recipients, do not duplicate or forward this e-mail message.