RE: [xsl] [MISC] How was the XSLT 2.0 norm written (tools, format)

Subject: RE: [xsl] [MISC] How was the XSLT 2.0 norm written (tools, format)
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 23:30:35 -0000
> If we have a look at the source for the XSLT 2.0 spec, the
> following might surprise you:

>        "HTML Tidy for Mac OS X (vers 1st December 2004), see
> www.w3.org" />

The build scripts generate HTML from XML using XSLT as you would expect. As
a final step they then put the HTML through the tidy process. I've been
wanting to get rid of this step for a while because I don't think it should
be necessary: someone added it because it was easier than fixing the source
XML and/or the stylesheets whenever the combination was found to generate
invalid HTML (which generally arises through problems of nesting paragraphs
within lists within paragraphs, etc.)

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/