[xsl] Nested element move to single element

Subject: [xsl] Nested element move to single element
From: "Selvaganesh" <selvaganesh_t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 17:21:08 +0530
Dear Team,

Kindly guide me the how to write equal level elements transform to child
elements of the first elements data.

How can I write the xslt2 and kindly share some sample code.

This is my input:
<item-group>
<item>APPLICANT/OPINION</item>
<sub-item>RESPONDENT STATE</sub-item><sub-item1>APP.
NO.</sub-item1><sub-item2>DECISION DATE</sub-item2>
<reference-targets>CITATION</reference-targets>
</item-group>

This I expect output.

<item-group>
<item>APPLICANT/OPINION</item>
<sub-item>RESPONDENT STATE<sub-item>APP. NO.<sub-item>DECISION
DATE<reference-targets>CITATION</reference-targets>
</sub-item>
</sub-item>
</sub-item>
</item-group>

Thanks lot

Thanks,
Selva

Confidentiality Notice:  This transmittal is a confidential communication.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this transmittal in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this transmittal is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all of its attachments, if any.