RE: [xsl] finding out distinct node/values

Subject: RE: [xsl] finding out distinct node/values
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:33:09 -0000
> And, please, hit me over the head: where is the second
> (hidden?) loop that would make this O(n^2)?

One loop is the /table/rows/row/name, the other is the preceding::name.

Not sure which you regard as being "hidden".

(Interestingly, I came across a case recently where this performed rather
well: it was a case where there were very few distinct values, and therefore
most values were rejected very quickly as duplicates. But that's unusual.)

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay