RE: [xsl] Quick question about encoding

Subject: RE: [xsl] Quick question about encoding
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:25:06 -0000
Encoding characters to bytes is the last stage of the serialization process.
If you write to a character destination rather than a binary destination then
this stage is skipped: Saxon writes Unicode characters to the StringWriter,
and the requested encoding has no effect. It would only have an effect if you
wrote to a binary destination such as an OutputStream.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay