Re: [xsl] Math "functions" for XSLT 1.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Math "functions" for XSLT 1.0
From: COUTHURES Alain <alain.couthures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 19:49:54 +0100
Dimitre,

Unfortunately, FXSL is not in first results listed by Google when searching "xslt sin" or "xslt cos".

By the way, almost 30 years ago, I already knew that calculators never use Taylor series (CORDIC algorithms were written in 1959)... Even if they are mathematically correct, they require too many iterations for small systems and managing huge numbers such as factorials is not always possible. I'm interested in XSLT at browser side and speed is important.

So, if FXSL users consider it good enough for their requirements, it's good to know. Do you know if they are working at client-side or at server-side ?

Because I spent no more than one day to find algorithms and less than one another to implement the ones I need, it wasn't for me a costly effort, anyway.

If only Microsoft had already implemented XSLT 2.0, XPath 2.x, SVG, XForms,... more efforts would have been saved...

Best regards,

-Alain