Re: [xsl] Quality between XSL:FO PDF and InDesign PDF

Subject: Re: [xsl] Quality between XSL:FO PDF and InDesign PDF
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:49:28 +0100
At 2010-03-17 10:52 +0530, byomokesh wrote:
What is the difference between XSL:FO create PDF and InDesign creation PDF.

A quick summary, I think, would be that XSL-FO is focused on the flow of content while InDesign is focused on the page.

Which is good Quality?

I want to know only Quality wise.

Quality varies based on the vendor, not on the technology. With XSL-FO rendering I see quality differences between free and commercial XSL-FO engines running the identical XSL-FO instance. The commercial engines I've used are very close and are practically interchangeable, but the free engines don't compare.

I've seen some impressive output from InDesign, but I wouldn't want to use it on the project I did for 3 million pages of paper in a single run (60,000 customized 50-page booklets).

Because the two technologies address different user requirements, I think it is impossible to answer your question. Use whichever technology meets your needs.

I hope this helps.

-- XSLT/XQuery training: San Carlos, California 2010-04-26/30 Principles of XSLT for XQuery Writers: San Francisco,CA 2010-05-03 XSLT/XQuery training: Ottawa, Canada 2010-05-10/14 XSLT/XQuery/UBL/Code List training: Trondheim,Norway 2010-06-02/11 Vote for your XML training: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/ Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal