Re: [xsl] FO checkbox from 2 inline ZapfDingbat characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO checkbox from 2 inline ZapfDingbat characters
From: Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:34:23 +0200
> You can also use a little known trick ....
>
> <fo:block font-size="12pt">
> B  B  B  B <fo:inline font-family="ZapfDingbats"
letter-spacing="-12pt">b</fo:inline>
> B  B  B  B <fo:inline font-family="ZapfDingbats"
baseline-shift="2pt">b</fo:inline>
> </fo:block>
>
> You set the letter-spacing to the negative value of the font-size. You may
need to also adjust the baseline-shift for larger fonts (a little larger).

> Kevin Brown
> RenderX

Clever Kevin ;-)

Out of interest, how will something like this be supported on the
various FO processors and also in different output mediums. I suppose
only PDF and SVG will deal with this correctly, or am I being stupid
again?