[xsl] Good or Bad should XSL validate tempaltes against a DTD/Schema

Subject: [xsl] Good or Bad should XSL validate tempaltes against a DTD/Schema
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 09:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
I've been doing some work recently with a FOSI and I've rediscovered that a FOSI is aware of the DTD that it is applied to. What I mean is that if I test for an attribute name or an enumerated value and that doesn't exist in the DTD I get a warning from the FOSI compiler. With XSLT I have several times hada typo in an element name or attribute and never gotten a warning and have sometimes spent hours trying to figure out why the stylesheet is not doing what I expected.

Seems to me like this would be a good thing, do you see any downside to this?

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images
http://www.dvint.com