Re: [xsl] question on variable definition

Subject: Re: [xsl] question on variable definition
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:43:04 +0200
Thanks,

> xslt2 allows a variable to be masked by a new variable of the same name.
> xslt1 did not.

that was the reason I used option "-xmlversion:1.0" for saxon:
$ java -jar saxon9he.jar -xmlversion:1.0 -xsl:m.xsl -s:m.xsl
-versionmsg:off ; echo

Is this a saxon bug? (not acting on specified version)

Is the aborting with error xsltproc does the correct behavior?

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

             David Carlisle
             <davidc@xxxxxxxxx
                                       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             03/30/2010 01:36                                           cc
             PM                        Hermann
                                       Stamm-Wilbrandt/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Re: [xsl] question on variable
             xsl-list@xxxxxxxx         definition
              lberrytech.com

On 30/03/2010 12:32, Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt wrote:
> xsltproc complains about redefining variable v with an error.
> saxon9he has no complaints and does a rewrite(?) of the variable.

xslt2 allows a variable to be masked by a new variable of the same name.
xslt1 did not.

David