RE: [xsl] The output of evaluating an XSLT transform is the same regardless of the order in which output elements are evaluated. Right?

Subject: RE: [xsl] The output of evaluating an XSLT transform is the same regardless of the order in which output elements are evaluated. Right?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:33:12 -0400
Yesterday I wrote:

>> Is this statement true or false:
>>
>>   XSLT elements that produce output can be
>>   evaluated in any order.

Michael Kay responded:

> Well, your terminology is wrong. I guess you are referring to XSLT
> instructions; they don't "produce output", they are evaluated to return a
> result value.

Hi Michael, I carefully avoided using the word "instruction" or "statement"
because on March 24 on the xml-dev list you wrote:

   Declarative programming doesn't use "statements" or
   "instructions". It describes the relationship of the output to the input.

QUESTION #1

Why do you now say "XSLT instructions"?

QUESTION #2

Michael, I think that I read this in your latest book (around page 930, I
think):

   The elements in an XSLT document can be executed in any order, even in
parallel.

Yesterday I thought that I had it all figured out: the in-memory result tree
can be constructed in any order, even in parallel. However, from yesterday's
explain how the elements in an XSLT document can be executed in any order,
even in parallel?

/Roger