Re: [xsl] mixed content grouping by whitespace

Subject: Re: [xsl] mixed content grouping by whitespace
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:08:16 -0400
Hi again,

At 01:09 PM 4/13/2010, David wrote:
<!-- david C-s ideal world The above woul dnot be an error and
group-starting-with would take an expression not a match, and the group would start whenever the expression was true.
so to do nodes you would have to do self::h2 as in the group-by example
(or with exists() for extra clarity rather than relying on implict boolean conversion)

<grouping-nodes-without-reordering> <xsl:for-each-group select="$x/*" group-starting-with="exists(self::h2)"> <group> <xsl:copy-of select="current-group()"/> </group> </xsl:for-each-group> </grouping-nodes-without-reordering>

-->

Mm yes, but despite my agreeing with the basic premise, only a mathematician is likely to find this more straightforward than group-starting-with="h2". At least most of the time.

It's when we start thinking about the actual semantics that things get more complicated.

Cheers,
Wendell